Unique community interactions, community planned events and just being visibly active within the community let people know that you are more than just a building and a runway. Cape Cod Gateway Airport is more than just a place for travel; we are part of the Cape Cod Community.
Over the years, the Airport has opened its doors for various community with events such as: Cape Cod Young Professional’s Back to Business Bash, Southeastern Massachusetts Aviation Career Fair, Duffy Health Center Gala and Electric Car Show to name a few. Additionally, in 2021, the Airport embarked on a new campaign with focus on near monthly community-based events held at the airport.
If you have an interesting in hosting your next event at the Airport, give us a call at 508-775-2020.
Cape Code Gateway Airport Community Event Series
Our Cape Cod Gateway Airport Community Event Series features events in the terminal and on airport grounds. We are thrilled to be opening our doors and inviting the community to experience events in a unique setting at the airport. The first gatherings in 2021 were a success with “Pottery and Planes”, a fun-filled evening where attendees created hand-crafted holiday ornaments while “Holidays at the Hangar” featuring celebrity chef Stephen Coe, providing guests with a variety of specialty made appetizers.
Stay tuned for more events!
- A Night in the Terminal
- April 24, 2024 – Blue Economy (Focus on electric aviation)
- June 13 (rain date June 20) 2024 – Festivities on the Flight Line
- CCYP September 19, 2024
- A Great Day at the Gateway September 21, 2024
- October 24, 2024 – 4th Annual SE MA Aviation Career Fair
- September 22, 2023 – SE MA Aviation Career Fair (3rd annual event)
- September 23, 2023 – A Great Day at the Gateway "Nurturing the Spirit of Flight and Honoring our Military"
- September 23, 2023 - Kids Movie Showing: Treasure Planet (2090485-1)
- September 25, 2023 - Kids Movie Showing: DC League Of Super-Pets (2090485-2)
- Scout Sleepover, "A Night in the Terminal"
- Fun was had by all
- June 8, 2023 (rain date June 15th) – Festivities on the Flight line
- Fun was had by all
The calendar below highlights all airport events, those that are part of the Cape Cod Gateway Airport Community Event Series as well as Airport Commission meetings, public meetings for various studies and other such happenings.
Calendar of Events
Airport subcommittee meetings are typically held on the first Tuesday of each month and the Commission meeting on the 3rd Tuesday or each month. This may change from time to time. The Town of Barnstable’s website is the OFFICIAL location for all such public meetings. Please see https://www.townofbarnstable.us/Departments/TownClerk/Meeting-Agendas.asp.
HYA also strives to hold various aviation education opportunities at the airport to entice young Cape area students to learn more about aviation as a career choice. Past events include:
- Hosting local Cub Scout Troop for an airport sleep over coined, “Night at the Terminal”, with various aviation-related learning activities
- Hosting a number of Federal Aviation Administration Safety Seminars (FAASTeam) for local pilots - Safer Skies Through Education
- Hosting the first ever Aviation Career Fair in the airport terminal for over 400 area students and providing the opportunity to meet and speak to over 40 aviation professionals learning more about aviation as a career choice
- Hosting Young Eagles events. Young Eagles is a program created by the US Experimental Aircraft Association to give children between ages 8 - 17 an opportunity to experience flight in a general aviation airplane while educating them about aviation. The program is offered free of charge with costs covered by local volunteers.